Monday, January 30, 2012

...to share our out-of-doors experience

...we finally have gotten a little bit of snow and it has been so lovely outside!

I thought it would be fun to take a little family walk in the freshly fallen snow.

The kids and I have noticed lately several areas on the ground that have patches of water frozen over and I thought it might be fun to take the kids to go slipping and sliding on it.

Can you tell where this story is leading?

Who thinks I should never, NEVER listen to my "good-idea-fairy"?

It probably will be weeks before my children are over the undue emotional agony I put my them through.

For starters, I think it took approximately 28 minutes to get everyone dressed and geared up for the event.  The dog included.

The walk looked promising when right at the beginning of the walk the kids found something fun to try.  A tree was lying across a ditch and it begged to be 'tight-roped' across.

It is harder than it looks when you are wearing big snow boots!
Our destination was a short walk...less than a mile away.

One might have thought it was ten miles, with the way they were carrying on!  Fussing and crying and collapsing to the ground....

I'll spare you the video with sound effects.  I am sure you can imagine the sobs...pathetic.
And wouldn't you know it, when we got to that lovely patch of frozen ground cover that I saw the other day...well, it was completely covered in @#$@ snow.  Duh.  Of course it was.

The patch of ice we were going to slide around on...
I wish I had remembered to bring my good camera with me...there were some really great photo opportunities that I missed.



Perhaps I should try again this coming weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment