Friday, January 6, 2012

...to get a pedicure

...and my toes are saying T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!

Remember my post way back in November when I thought my time and money would be better spent treating myself?  Well today was the day!  I took a few hours all to my lonesome.  My list was too long to accomplish all of the things that I wanted to in my four hours of peace (courtesy of the Army's 16 hours per month of free daycare per child a.k.a deployment hours).

I felt a little guilty dropping off the girls this morning.  Don't ask me why?  They were not upset...nope.  All they were worried about was whether or not they would have to take a nap at the center.  When I told them I would be picking them up after they had lunch, they said, "See ya Mom!"

During breakfast this morning Isabella even said, "Mom you really deserve a few hours to yourself this morning after all of this screeching (#4 sometimes isn't very pleasant in the mornings)!"

So...I dropped the girls off and bounded away!  I ran a few errands and even did a little shopping.  I forget how pleasant it can be looking at all of the pretty things in a store when I am not saying things like, "Abbey stop wrestling with your sister" or "Audrey keep your finger out of your nose!" or "Will, do you think that is the behavior I want to see?" (By the way kids love rhetorical questions.)  And just for the record, the answer is always, "No. No. That is NOT the behavior I want to see."  Funny...he often gets that one wrong.

So my morning off was just what I needed.  And the afternoon was super-productive.  

I guess that is probably not a coincidence.

1 comment: