Monday, January 23, 2012

...to check off a few things off my list

...especially the items I have been procrastinating about.

Lists.

They have the potential to keep me on task.  And organized.  If only I could find all of the ones I have started on the many scraps on paper that are on hand...

A wise friend mentioned recently that maybe I should just think of the three, must-do items each day that I have on my list (which is infinite).

The items that were on my list today were the ones that I have been putting off.

1) Call for my medical records

My appointment was nearly two weeks ago.  There is absolutely no reason why I haven't called the imaging center for my scans and x-rays....except that phone calls like that are NEVER as easy as it seems they should be.

This phone call was just as I expected.  Now I have two more things to do tomorrow.  Write a letter and then get it faxed.

Why?  Just who is going to try to steal the scan of my lower extremities?  Is there a lot of sensitive information contained in the structure of my veins?  Can someone steal my credit in this way?

2)  Three Returns to three different stores....with the little girls in tow.

Do I need to explain this one?

3)  The calendars.

I tried to do these around the holidays.  It made me so sad looking back at all of the photos and reflecting on the year of 2011.  Mark recommended I wait until I was looking toward something with anticipation and then maybe browsing the images wouldn't make me so reminiscent.

With the rampant murmurs of redeployment here around post...it is hard not to get excited about Mark's homecoming.

If you are one of the family members anticipating one of these...they are complete.  And ordered.  Happy Valentine's Day?

One list.  Three items.  Complete.

Now I have a medical request letter to compose....

1 comment:

  1. nice work, my friend...now, if i could just follow that advice. returns...walmart?

    ReplyDelete