Wednesday, January 25, 2012

...to lighten up a bit

...and do what I do best...

Bake.

And play games.

Abbey and I made an old favorite this morning after the big kids left for school.

Then we made our coffees (really it was hot chocolate for them) and played several rounds of Zingo.  This is the favorite game of the week.

a coffee and muffin morning...


Mornings like this are definitely my favorites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In case you are interested:


I remember my mom clipped the recipe from the newspaper about twenty five too many years ago.  This is that recipe, or my altered version, as best as I can remember it.  They were gobbled up!

Poppy Seed Muffins

1 stick butter
1 cup sugar (I use less...especially if I use vanilla yogurt)
1 cup yogurt
2 eggs
1t vanilla (or lemon extract)
2 cups flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t soda
3 t poppyseeds

Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and sugar on top before baking.

Bake at 375 for about twenty minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment