Tuesday, December 6, 2011

...to not be a grouch

...because I am feeling so much like the Grinch.

Maybe it is the holidays.

Maybe it is the gloomy weather.

Most likely, it is because I have overwhelmed myself with extras.  Surprised?  I haven't done this intentionally.  And the things that I have on my plate singularly are not a big deal.  It is the sum of them all that has me overwhelmed.

It is easy to think I could take a few things off of my plate...but letting the house go, not finishing the decorating for Christmas, not finishing the laundry, leaving dishes on the counter are all things that stress me out even more.  So leaving things out or letting them go wouldn't have a positive impact.

But nonetheless I have been feeling a little like I am suffocating.

I didn't even post yesterday.  I didn't really have anything funny, sad, or even emotional to share.  I have been BLAH.

Who wants to be blah?  Especially in December?

So...today was my day to get back on track.  To be festive:  The Polar Express Track!

And what better way to start my day than with a run and some reading material that HAS GOT TO BE more uplifting that what I read last week.

I wanted it to be festive...to put me in the mood.  How about one of my favorite, yearly holiday reads?  I am looking forward to reading it with the kids...but for this morning I couldn't resist: Yes, Virginia There is a Santa Claus.

Such a timeless story of hope and innocence.

Of course, after finishing this I began to think of our own holiday traditions and then my mind began to race.  I began making a checklist of all of the things I haven't gotten started on yet...baking, christmas cards, calendars.  This led to slight heart palpitations, sweaty palms...

Beginning to suffocate again...

Next, I tried to move on to something a little lighter:  The new Family Fun magazine.

Want to take a guess as to what this magazine made me think of:  Why new art projects for the kids of course!

and

A new list!

I am incurable.

I cannot fight my nature to try to fit in too much.

However, I can continue to embrace each morning like I did today, by starting out with a run, a shower, and a load of laundry before the kids awoke.  And remind myself that if nothing else gets done...there is always tomorrow.

Besides, I am adopting Audrey's mantra, "Who tares anyway?".

No comments:

Post a Comment