Friday, December 9, 2011

...to go Bowling

...well I didn't WANT to.

But the evening did turn out to be a fun f-a-m-i-l-y activity.

I took the children in, with the bar set rather low.  I was pretty certain that bowling wasn't going to be the main event of this show.  I mean really...there are so many other exciting things at the bowling alley to be entertained by!  In case you were unaware:

First there are the snacks...everyone goes to the Bowling Alley to eat.  This I did anticipate.


However, I did not foresee my little one using the child's bowling aid as a climber:


Or as a slide:


and I never could have predicted that making 'bowling lane angels' could be so entertaining (he was absorbed with this for several minutes!):


Of course we did bowl a little


even if the technique was a bit unconventional.


There was always the element of surprise when the bowling ball actually knocked down a few pins!


An outing of ours is never complete without a little drama...


Five people.  One complete game (who can believe we completed all the frames?).  Two hours and ten minutes.  


Thank goodness there was NO ONE else bowling at the same time we were!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An another note, Abbey was playing this morning with a snow globe we have from our visit to Macy's to see the real Santa Claus last year; and inside is a picture of our entire family sitting around Santa (similar to this photo).


I overheard her this tidbit from her one-sided conversation with the snow globe/Santa:

"Santa...My Daddy has a nicer smile than you do."

Something tells me that the real Santa understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment