Tuesday, October 18, 2011

...to be the boss

...but Audrey said I am not.

The scene:  I have made spaghetti for dinner.  All of the kids are finished except for Audrey.  She has apparently decided that she doesn't like spaghetti.  I have just told her that she doesn't get dessert if she doesn't eat her supper.  And she has begun to bargain with me.  She wants me to feed her, she wants to give Timber her dinner...she doesn't want to eat it.



Audrey's continues to argue with me.  My favorite was when she began to wiggle her body...to make her point.  She wants to feed her dinner to Timber.  Because of course Timber is 'famiLy'.


A transcript of her words:  Timber gon' eat my food.  Who cares.  I told you timber gon get my food.  He's family who cares.  No you can't.  My dad is my famiLy.  You my families.  I want to try give this to timber.


Maybe tomorrow she will eat her dinner.

Maybe tomorrow I will be the boss.

But "who tares".

2 comments:

  1. abbey is the boss of her?! lookout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes a good point...Timber is famiLy. and old. I'm on Audrey's side.

    ReplyDelete