Wednesday, December 7, 2011

...some PEACE

...as in the holiday, not as in quiet.

Our day was CRAZY.  Our home was filled with three extra children, guests for lunch and dinner, book fair activity, gymnastics lessons (yes plural as in two children), and we even managed a trip to the play area at the community center.

My house is a disaster.

My children are all (already) asleep.

But as I sit here by the fire and the tree, I realize I found PEACE today.

I love days filled with friends, and children, and giggles.

I love the crazy.

My heart is full of

J-O-Y

And then we had our evening family Advent activity.

My cup runneth over...

Tonight's activity was to open a present from Daddy!  I wrapped it up in four of his t-shirts (that I have been saving since he left after R&R back in October).

All 'wrapped' up...
Here are our cherubs, ready for bed and eagerly awaiting their surprise!

Audrey is not always so cooperative.
Each of the kids peeled off a shirt and voila...a recorded storybook from Daddy.


They LOVED it!  Here they are all listening to their Daddy read them a story...

It all looks very sweet...unless you notice that Audrey is actually shoving Abbey.

This is for sure the best Advent activity we have done so far.  It was such a great way to bring our family a little closer during this blessed season.

Just what I wanted today....

PEACE
Isn't she lovely?  What a perfect sight.  She misses him so.

She was so happy when I laid her down and she cuddled right up to her Daddy as best as she could.

This is the first night since I can remember that Abbey hasn't gone to sleep with her baby.  Instead, that's her daddy's shirt tucked between her arms and his voice right next to her.

Sweet dreams little one.

1 comment:

  1. glad you found peace. just what i had wished for for you. i hope you continue to find it each day. xo

    ReplyDelete