Monday, September 26, 2011

...to share a few more photos

...I am making progress.

And truth be told, I finished the dining room when my Dad was here.  So really, I have just been holding out on showing the pictures too lazy to upload the photos to my computer.

And, once again, please remember I haven't gotten the flash fixed on my camera.  And won't until after Mark leaves.  Until then, we'll have to deal with poor lighting on my indoor photos.

Moving along.

For the record, since its completion, the kids and I have not had a single dinner in here.  For that matter we haven't eaten breakfast or lunch either in this room.  I don't think that anyone even walks through this room.

And for that reason alone it just might be one of my favorites!  In fact, I love how it turned out and I never, ever, have to pick up so much as a cheese-stick wrapper from this room.  So, it IS my favorite room.

I digress.

Without further ado my dining room...

Over the buffet (which I got for a steal on Craigslist) is a beautiful oil painting that I came across (also on CL).  On the buffet, there are several vintage milk glass pieces (Mark LOVES milk glass...Do you sense my sarcasm?) and a few books I have found on E-bay that were authored by distant members of the Viele side of my family.


This is the view of the dining room from the front entry/living room.  To give credit where it is due, my Dad hung all of the pictures, curtains, and plates in this room.  Thanks Dad.


My growing, red-plate collection.  I love them...Some are vintage finds and some are 'souveniers' from the West Point gift shop that have been given to me from friends that stayed with us during our time at West Point.

Maybe a little better view of the room...On the table, my chickens and my lanterns.  (Side-note: Amy, click on the chicken link just to see what a little spray paint can do!)


Mark bought me these beautiful watercolor prints last year for Christmas.  Sacred Heart of Jesus Church and Washington Hall, a focal point of the Academy.


Stay tuned for more to come....

2 comments:

  1. Krissy - this really looks beautiful. The colors and all your decor looks so wonderful. I LOVE IT. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete