Tuesday, September 6, 2011

...to send my kids off to a new school

...i wish I could say I have set them up for success.



But I haven't.  Here they are the new kids.  They aren't even wearing the right uniform (although Will has on a token sweatshirt found from the uniform lending closet).  Nope.  Not only are they starting off as the new kids, but they are the new kids without uniforms OR school supplies.  Ugh.  I already fail.  And to top it off...despite some frantic last minute searches...still no backpack for Will.

I do not like starting off with something new already trying to catch up.  Hopefully to them, this are just a few little glitches.

I am so nervous for them.  I want their teachers to love them for their quirks as well as their gifts.  I want them to make friends.  Fit in.  Laugh.  Feel like they know their way around that strange place.  Find comfort in a smile from someone.  Stay together.  Stick up for each other.  School is so much more than academics.

But this day is not about me.  It is about these darlings...

First Grade!

Third Grade!
From their point of view:

They had a good breakfast.  A pretty peaceful morning.  They packed up their backpacks, slipped them on and headed to the bus stop.  Butterflies in stomach.  Together.  Ready to find out what first and third grade is all about.

Here they are setting off to make new friends and blaze a new trail.  The little girls not far behind...both literally and figuratively.



I was able to snap this quick photo, my favorite of the day, on the walk to the bus stop.

I love her smile in this candid shot.

1 comment:

  1. For all that is holy. Wow are they big. Isabella looks like she's a teenager. Krissy, you're an awesome mom and your kids have it really good. I'm sure they managed just fine without a backpack or the right uniform. Tomorrow is a new day.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete