Sunday, September 18, 2011

...to give you an idea of a few accomplishments

...because I finally picked up my camera and snapped a few photos

We have been here at Fort Drum for three weeks now.  Tuesday we'll have had our household goods for three weeks as well.

My timeline is pretty short for myself when it comes to completing the move-in process.  And by no calculation have I even come close to making my deadline.  I like to be completely finished in two weeks.

I wish despite my four little excuses (they are between the ages of 2 and 8) that I was finished.

Not because I have anyone to show our new house to (nope...no more visitors in sight and no friends to speak of besides Amy)...but because I am happy when things (toys, clothes, LEGOS (anyone ever stepped on one of these in the middle of the night???) have their place.

Well my dad just left after working for several days on a whole bunch of different projects around the house.  I wanted to dub him the 'finisher' (but since we aren't finished, that title doesn't work) and instead I can call him 'the fine touch-upper'.  This included things like curtains, pictures, heavy moving, mowing, play set building, and fan-in-ceiling-dissassembling.

While my dad did those things I continued to move junk from one place to another.  Currently the last junk-area-holdout on the first floor is the 'office'.    I should have taken a picture of this one...

Today's photos are of my bedroom.  There are still several things I need to change and some details that i need to add but here goes...

Please excuse the poor photos.  I am still having trouble with my camera flash.

My bed stand.
A print that I love.  A photo of my mom from when she was a toddler.  And two of the four books that I am currently reading.

Mark's night stand. 
The lamp was a wedding gift from Uncle Andy and Aunt Sandy (still one of my favorite lamps), the candlestick a gift from Jason after a trip to Africa, and the duck (yes...a little funny looking) is something my brother gave me as a gift years ago.
The shades will have to be recovered. 
The bible on the dresser was my great-grandfathers.  I love this heirloom.
The bedding will need to be updated.  And curtains?  For now the vertical blinds will do.
Looking into my walk-in closet.  Even my treadmill fits!
That photo on the wall is a collage that my friend Kelley made for me (of us running) when we left Colorado.  I put it there next to my treadmill to motivate me and maybe remind me of my healthier skinnier days.

And here is my bathroom...do you remember the shot from the other day?  Here it is now...

A well-lit bathroom with plenty of space.
I found these treasures (old mason jars) at a thrift shop last week.
My re-done 'laundry soap holder' table has been repurposed.
The table is the same color as our bedroom so it coordinates nicely.  I found these dark blue baskets to hold towels and TP b/c despite the double sinks there isn't much storage in here.

Finally the cutest thing(s) about todays photos...

They all still fit!
More progress to note another day....

2 comments:

  1. First off, the duck was an awesome gift. It made me smile that you still have it and it has such a prominent spot. You have made your "housing assignment" and beautiful home...and your kids look very happy....well, maybe not #3.

    ReplyDelete