Thursday, October 14, 2010

...to find a bargain!


So my friend Meghan and I have a love of finding old items and repurposing them for various roles around our home.  To give Meghan full credit...she really introduced me to the concept.

Now that she lives here with me at West Point, we have this quest to search out new places to find 'old stuff'.  About two months ago I came across a blog that mentions this amazing, four-story antique shop.  And today we decided to go find this place. 

Meghan and I had a great time together.  For living as close as we do, we don't really get to spend as much quality time together as we would like.  And today, was a great day to catch up.  But I would have to say our day to seek out treasures was really disappointing.  While this store certainly had OODLES of items, they were all way out of our price range.

So instead of photos of my new finds, here are a few of my goodwill finds in the past few weeks....after a coat of spray paint, voila!  New life!
A pair of ugly wooden fish....
Now a pair of fun new bookends!


A pair of chickens....

A new centerpiece!  (Till Mark demoted them to another room; he is NOT a fan of my chickens.)

No comments:

Post a Comment