Thursday, September 15, 2011

...to meet some new ladies

...which I have been avoiding for a few weeks now

I don't know why.  I have always loved living on post and meeting other families.  This is one of the main reasons why I chose to move here on such short notice.  Because I have made so many good friends over the years living on post.

And I have always enjoyed meeting the spouses in Mark's units over the years as well.

So aside from the fact that I really want my time here at Fort Drum to be about my family and not my extra-curricular activities, I have no reason for not wanting to make new friends.  Other than it is my hold-out on this move and my way of pouting for a bit longer.  And, for the record, as Mark can attest, I am a really good 'pouter'.

But for some reason this time I was trying to tell myself that I just wanted to stay out-of-the-loop.

Well if you know anything about me...you know that I am not really a stay out-of-the-loop kind of person.

Anyhow, one of the mom's from Isabella's brownie troop (that by-the-way I am NOT the leader of) introduced herself to me last night.  Somehow recognizing who I was and that our husband's worked together.  She was kind enough not only to tell me that there was a coffee this evening, but also offered to pick me up.

I have four (#1, #2, #3, and #4) very good reasons not to good...and many other reasons I could have made up.  But, my dad was here and I thought like many other recent events...that all of the pieces were falling into place and I should go.

I had a very nice time.  The ladies (it was a small group of nine of us) were all very welcoming.

As a bonus, it was a great opportunity to see a little bit of a very sweet little nearby town called Sacket's Harbor.  We had dinner at a lovely restaurant called The Boat House.  The food was delicious.  And the chocolate souffle...amazing!

So while I wouldn't say I am now in-the-loop nor have I made any new life-long friends over dinner, but I would be willing to say, that maybe I am done pouting and ready to embrace our new-life here at Fort Drum.

1 comment:

  1. Good. Now you have to reciprocate that invite. Don't let things get in the way.

    ReplyDelete