Friday, September 23, 2011

...to rebound

...and today I 'got my game on'.

I had a plan.  And stuck to it.

A run on my treadmill.  A quick Timber walk.  And a shower all before the kids woke up at 7.

This kind of accomplishment always sets me up for success for the rest of the day.

Unfortunately I have LOTS of excuses as to why I don't like to get up early enough to do this but I do need to try to remember how great it is to not have to fit this in later in the day.

The rest of the day fell into place just as nicely.

The little girls painted.  I vacuumed the downstairs.

The little girls ate a snack.  I drank a whole cup of coffee.  At once!

The little girls played upstairs.  I worked on the condemned zone of our house.

The little girls napped.  I made zucchini bread and managed to even post some things on Craigslist.

The little girls woke up.  The big kids came home.  We hosted a couple of kids from school for play-dates with the big kids.

AND...

I made a real dinner.  Well...almost.

Tacos.  Does this count?  What if I said I  made guacamole and threw in black beans in the hamburger just to add a little protein?

I say this TOTALLY counts.

2 comments:

  1. well done! of course i say black beans count. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually sounds really good to me. I love your guacamole.

    ReplyDelete