Friday, September 30, 2011

...to find out all I could about skunks

...BECAUSE PEOPLE THERE IS ONE IN MY GARAGE RIGHT NOW!!!


This is my skunk.  Well not really...this is just an image I found.  But this one is identical to the one in my garage!
Seriously.

There happens to be a cat across the street that has adopted our home as her new residence.  So when Timber was crying at the door earlier, I really didn't think much about it.

I walked out to put some recycling into the garage...and there he was.  Let than a foot away.  Tail toward me.

My nightmare.

The stupid thing didn't hear me and I surely shut the door in a hurry.

After several frantic calls to my friend Amy, a rescue attempt from Donny (a most valiant effort) and lots of sitting around and waiting, I have determined the best I can do is hope the little bugger gets out of there by morning.  Surely he has family around....


Of course, maybe they all are nesting in my garage.

What a 'Welcome Home' for Mark.

It is important to note and I know it is shocking to hear, but the MP's do NOT in fact do anything to help with a skunk problem.  They might deal with dogs, or with bears (like at West Point) but oddly enough, they draw the line with skunks.

The lesson of the day...lock up the house before 10:00 in the evening.

Check.

From now on we'll be like Alcatraz by dusk.

1 comment:

  1. Just what you needed before Mark arrived. So funny. I literally laughed out loud because I could just hear you say, "Ahhh...this wasn't on my f*ing schedule. How am I going to get the ladder out in the garage so I can paint a mural on the ceiling of our front hall."

    ReplyDelete