Wednesday, September 14, 2011

...to read The Three Little Pigs again

...and again and again.  Who knew re-reading a story would be so much fun!

Last week when we were 'treasure hunting' at a local antique shop Abbey picked up a copy of The Three Little Pigs.

Since I have a obsession with books and a fascination for vintage copies of favorites I indulged my number three.

Our copy (in nearly perfect condition)...the lady at the shop gave it to her for free.

Little did I realize that this story would become so much fun for us to read together...

Both little girls now tell the story and fill in with the phrases "someone is watching...someone who wikes to eat wittle pigs" and "not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin" and they laugh and laugh.

Somehow I came across the old Disney movie on Apple TV.  The girls have also really enjoyed watching this short video that goes right along with our story.  At $1.99 the movie has been quite a bargain...it has afforded me exactly eight minutes of task completion time on several different occasions!

Take a look...I bet you remember watching this as a kid.  I do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you posted a video. Did Will help you do this?

    ReplyDelete