Monday, September 24, 2012

...to go to the park

...and enjoy a full day of family time!

Mark's unit was lucky enough to be granted a DONSA.  For those unfamiliar with the term, it means Day Of No Scheduled Activities.  For us family members it means a free day of time with Daddy.

Mark and I decided to keep the children home from school for this one given that he is getting ready to leave again in the next few days.

Needless to say our kiddos were delighted!

We went to our favorite, Panera, for breakfast and soon after we got home Mark and I decided to head to the park with our offspring.

You would not be able to imagine the moans and groans from the peanut gallery!
  • It's too cold!
  • I don't want to!
  • I'm not going!
Huh?

I didn't say we were headed home to wash windows or clean out the toy room!

I said....we were going to the park.  A new park.  One they hadn't been to before.  One with a skate ramp and a dirt bike path!

I actually had to threaten our firstborn that she was going to be taken to school unless she changed her tune!

We wanted a joyful attitude!


No pouting on this outing!
I think this is going to be my new mantra when we are out-and-about.

I am quite certain I can't figure out where that child learned how to pout!

I think she got over it....


Abbey had no fear!


Audrey was even on wheels for a while!


Races

Scooters...bikes...ramps!




And dirt biking!





Audrey preferred running on the 'mountains'.


And climbing on the playground


What a fun day of family time we had on what turned out to be a lovely, albeit brisk, fall day.


Even Isabella admits it was perfectly full of fun.













1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! We might need to check that out on a warmer day!

    ReplyDelete