Tuesday, November 1, 2011

...to give a healthy thumbs up

...they are slowly on the mend.

Here is a picture of a little proof:

The butterfly and Wario (from Mario)
Thanks to Donny and Amy's efforts two of my kids were able to enjoy an evening of trick-or-treating.  I am so happy about that because Abbey was really looking forward to it.  I think it was the first year that she really understood what it was all about.  The two of them have been very sweet sharing their candy with their brother and sister (and they even set some aside for their Dad).

Will and I made it home from the hospital about 9:00 in the evening last night.  The excellent news is that once again the doctors have ruled out appendicitis and other stomach ailments that are more serious than this stomach bug and pneumonia.

The good news is they were able to stop him from vomiting and give him lots of fluids by I.V.  He was a champ!  And he didn't require anyone to even hold his arm down.  He has come a long way in these last three weeks of doctor and hospital visits.

He'll spend the next several days at home with me lying very low.  Lots of TV and video games...some school work and some reading.  That is what I predict in Will's forecast.

The bad news is throughout all of this, Audrey was at home not recovering like I thought she was.

Amy certainly has gone above and beyond these past few days and taking care of Audrey yesterday was no easy task.  Although she had stopped throwing up she had progressed into awful diarrhea.  This morning she woke up much the same and had developed a fever.

Thank goodness for neighbors...my friend Jen came and spent the morning with the three recovering kids while I took Audrey in.  Throughout all of this she has been exposed to Pertussis a.k.a. Whooping Cough at the daycare last week.  According to the disease control people this is extremely contagious and because of her fever and decreased immune system from this stomach bug they decided to start treating her.  She began Zithromax this evening.

After we came home this afternoon and I got everyone settled for their rests, I began the task of disinfecting the now infamous truck.  If I never have to clean another carseat from vomit again, it will be too soon.  I washed the carpets, cleaned the seats (thank goodness for a leather interior) and put all the carseats back together again.

Thanks to Amy all of the bedding inside was clean and fresh.

By this evening were back to normal.  

I made a dinner designed to make everyone feel better and fatten them up.  Homemade chicken noodle soup (which I thought was delicious) and banana chocolate chip muffins.

Everyone complained through dinner, whined about trying the soup, and threats were made about never seeing a piece of Halloween candy again!

It was bliss.  Compared to the past few days...normal is my favorite.

Then it was bedtime.

Just for kicks Timber decided to sleep on Abbey's bed last night.

Quiz time:  Anyone remember what that means?  INCONTINENCE PEOPLE!  That's what.

Got to wash another bed.  Yup all the way down to the mattress cover.

Bed made.  Check.

Next?

Audrey...started throwing up all over again.  All over her bed, the floor, the rug, the carpet, all the way into the bathroom.  Bless that sweet child's little heart...she said, "I need my butet (bucket) mama."

Well...as for now they are all asleep again.  The carpet is clean.  Another bed is made.

But "Who tares!" about all of that...I just want my babies to feel better.

2 comments: