Thursday, November 24, 2011

...to enjoy the day

...and it was a very nice day.

It was so much fun to watch the kids welcome their grandparents and Aunt Sandy when they arrived into town...and better yet Mark got to participate in the excitement as well.

He called right before they came in.  Although we are not able to do webcam with him, he is able to watch us on gmail video chat.  It was as if we could pretend he was here with us.  Hopefully we were able to bring a little bit of our chaos to him.

After a day of eating...all day...I am enjoying the late evening fatigue that is beginning to set in.

We just finished watching Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, reading stories to the girls, and right now I am watching Will torture his grandfather by trying to teach him to play baseball on the Wii.  Poor Fred.  I think I heard the Wii tell him, "I have never seen such a terrible swing."

The normal family stuff with our extended family here to share in the fun makes for a very enjoyable day.

Mark and I have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment: