Monday, November 28, 2011

...to do a little holiday project

...because in truth I am avoiding my real issues!

You cannot begin to imagine what my house looks like on the inside.  From the outside it looks nice...because this is where I spent all of my spare time yesterday.  It was a surprisingly pleasant day.  While the kids rode bikes and played catch, I decorated the porches.

Our front porch


Side entrance...a bench to take off all of our snow-gear!
But from the inside my house looks like all of my tubs of Christmas decorations have thrown up and spewed holiday shtuff everywhere!

Mark says that I sometimes have trouble with priorities.  Sometimes I have trouble finishing what I start.  Sometimes I try to do too many things.

He is right.  Looking around here there is no question...an extra holiday project should have been tabled until this condemned zone became inhabitable again.

But since we all know that Mark is what balances me; and he is not here...than my whims prevail.

And so today we did pom pom pinecones (a.k.a. little x-mas trees)!

Supplies:
-pinecones that are nauseatingly cinamonny
-glue
-little items for decor (buttons, pom poms)
-three cute girls to decorate them (one was home from school with a little cold).




Abbey's
Isabella's...she loves the hot glue gun!

All pretty and smelly...for Daddy.

Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle the living areas....

1 comment: