Wednesday, November 9, 2011

...to go on a nature walk

...because it was a beautiful day!

It is hard to believe that we are still have days like this:  65 and Sunny.  What a treat!

There are some fall projects that I have wanted to do with the kids and we needed to collect some foliage.

I also have been wanting to spruce up our house for fall and do a bit of decorating with mother nature; you know since I am so frugal.  This is what we came up with....

Cattails...

If you are wondering there are kidney beans and pinto beans in my jars...fall colors of course! 

Berries:




And lots of leaves...

This is what we did for our project:






We used Elmer's spray on glue adhesive, glitter, and some hairspray to set the glitter.


Isn't it pretty?


I think the leaf project turned out so pretty!  What a simple project (that I adapted from a blog that I follow) that all four of the kids enjoyed.  My goal is that by the time Thanksgiving is here, each leaf will have something that we are thankful for written on the back.


Thanksgiving cheer AND a centerpiece!



**On a side note...every time I think about decorating for fall I think of Mark, and our friends Meghan and Sean.  Mostly because the two of them always give Meghan and I a hard time about all of the 'projects' we create for ourselves.  I recently asked Meghan if she still had this essay on fall decor just last week because I wanted to comment about it...and voila, Mark referenced this same piece yesterday.  Click on the link for a chuckle...but only if you are an adult reader.  Meaning...sorry Isabella don't click on this one honey; it is full of bad words.  And don't take a drink of soda while you are reading it...it will come out of your nose.  And that hurts!

2 comments:

  1. Krissy - I don't know how you do it all - seriously! Taking pictures, documenting and blogging about projects, DOING all these awesome projects, ....you amaze me. This makes me miss you - would have loved to sneak around and snip lots of branches, etc. with you :) miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These leaves turned out beautifully! I love how they look in your bowl--happy thanksgiving!

    vanessa

    ReplyDelete