Tuesday, November 22, 2011

...to show my desk re-do

...now the kids have a new workspace in my living

Our house is not short on tables and spaces to do projects.  However, my children are always wanting to work right at the bar on the island.  The problem is that often their work gets splattered with water or worse, Abbey or Audrey spills something on it.

And, for the record, my counter usually isn't cleared off enough for them to have ample work space.

I found this treasure on Craigslist about two week ago.  I love old school desks!  Pretty soon I'll probably have four of 'em!  For now this is my new favorite treasure.  Unlike Isabella's, this desk top is flat (Her desk is a vintage model in which the chair is attached to the desk and the desk top is angled).  This new style desk will make it much easier for projects and papers to stay put!

As you can see it is pretty beat up.  Luckily, the weather has been unseeingly mild this fall I was able to refinish it already.


The chair is all sanded here...


And after a few coats of stain and a spray on polyurethane (which I might point out is a truly genius invention!)....

Voila!



I am not 100% convinced I am in-love with the finish I chose, but for now it fits in perfectly into our living, the kids LOVE it, AND it doubles as a side table!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love! And I love how it is dual purpose. This is your best house yet! I am super impressed!!

    ReplyDelete