Monday, November 7, 2011

...to enjoy the day with my mom and the kids

...what a fun day weekend it was.

Well...I am not sure 'fun' is really the descriptive word that one might use when hanging out with four kids under the age of 9.

Entertaining for sure.

Not dull another.

But for sure the day was full.  And the weekend has gone by too fast.

I wish I had lots of pictures to share...but one of the tasks that I did this weekend was finally take in my camera to be fixed.  Hopefully I will have it back before the holidays kick in.  Until then...I just have my phone.

My mom was here for the tail end of the kids recovery from the plague.

Audrey entertained us the whole weekend by telling us how she needed her bucket, that she had a fever, her tummy hurt, and she was going to "frow up".  She has such a promising pitiful facade that she can pull off!  I believe our Number Four has excellent potential in the field of 'drama' and quite possibly Mark and I should look into enrollment into Julliard?

Will spent much of the weekend enjoying my mom's company.  He has been able to wow her with his performance on Mario Sports and he found a new partner in Words With Friends.  This game in an obsession of his.  He and my mom played several games this weekend.  At least now I know what I can get my mom for Christmas:  A book entitled "Words With Friends for Dummies Playing Against their Grandchildren"...surely there is such a title?

Please note that in no way am I suggesting my mom is a dummy.  I'm just saying will is 7; surely there must be strategies....  :)

Abbey.  My number three was probably the most excited about the arrival of her Mimi.  She was full of smiles and hugs and giggles.  And my Abbey has certainly kept us on our toes this weekend with an equal number of scowls, frowns, and "mmphfff's".  The highlights of the weekend for her: getting to skip her nap this weekend for a date with Mimi and the big kids to see Dolphin Tale; AND getting to go on an outing with only my mom to pick out her birthday present.

She was so excited about this!  We had a nice celebration complete with the Strawberry cake she has been asking for.   She can't wait for her birthday on November 27th...so she can play with the gift that she picked out.   It is sitting in the dining room beautifully wrapped for the real special day!

Isabella is growing up so quickly and doesn't require all of the attention the younger ones do...she entertains herself in her room playing with her things and creating amazing projects and pictures.  Isabella was very sweet and full of cuddles for her Mimi.  She loved sitting next to her on the couch while watching a movie and showing her all of the projects she has been working on these past few weeks.  I think mostly Isabella loved listening to stories about the funny things that happened when I was a girl.  She loves hearing about how I would get into trouble and the funny things we did while growing up.

As for me...I love having my mom here because it is really rewarding to have someone around who loves my kids nearly as much as I do.

I am enamored by their charm.  I love hearing their jokes.  And while I do get frustrated with them, often I am entertained by the drama.  

While I wish that Mark was here to share in the chaos as well...It is comforting to know that I have family wanting to share these imperfect moments with me too...

1 comment:

  1. i think that fun is the perfect word to describe hanging out with 4 kids (any age)! you are blessed!
    happy that you had a wonderful visit with your mom. xoox

    ReplyDelete