Thursday, October 11, 2012

...to work on the little things around the house

...so I can check them off of my list

Checking things off of my list usually makes me feel SO happy!

And today was one of those days when I needed the little things to make me feel better.

My day started off wrong when I stayed up way-to-late-last-night watching the Tigers lose in game 4 of the ALDS.

Lack of sleep doesn't make me cranky and it doesn't make me short-tempered.  I rarely feel sleepy during the day if I don't get enough sleep...instead, lack of sleep makes me weepy and sensitive.  My feelings get hurt too easily, I get lonely, and I start thinking about that make me feel even more sad.

So, what do I do when I need a pick-me-up?  I try to check things off of my list.

These are the little things that have been waiting (some for a really long time) for me to do.

I picked up this headboard for Audrey at a thrift shop several months ago.  It is a perfect match for the girls' bedroom set.  But...It has been sitting behind her bedroom door waiting to be put on her bed; for several months.

Why yes.  She really does sleep with all of that stuff on her bed!
It's on now.  Bolts attached.  Checked off of my list.

Clearly Audrey is happy about it!

It took me so long to put the headboard on the bed because I was trying to figure out where to put this book shelf...


We decided to create a little reading nook.  Maybe Santa will bring a bean bag? Of course hanging this shelf was no easy task...luckily Amy came through and wielded a power drill like a champ!  Obviously, her son has taught her well.  

Hang shelf.  Checked off of my list.

Next..my plants.  Winter is on the path to arrive here a bit early this season in the great white north.  Below freezing temps are expected tonight.  Rumor has it that flurries are expected as well.

Fern.  New pot.  New spot.

Lemon tree.  New pot.  New spot.
Check.

And since I was re-potting...why not add a couple of new succulents?


Check.  Check.  Check.

Will's new water bottle holder has been siting on the counter for many days.  He received it for his birthday.  This child is not hard to please.  He was SUPER excited about this present.

It only took me 40 minutes, very long, of-course-needed-a-special-tool-as-well-minutes, to attach it to his bike.  Seriously.  It is much harder than it looks.

And it doesn't even fit.  The holder is too tall.  I shifted it to the left hoping it works. 

Sigh.  Check.

Here's to hoping his pedals (or ankles) don't bump it while he is riding.
Next project please.

The first phase of the project was actually completed two days ago.  Amy (once again came through for me) and her father-in-law helped me lug in my new treadmill, lug out the old one, and put that beast together.  We moved furniture, removed doors, and held our breath that new treadmill was going to fit in its place.  Mostly though, Amy and I watched and handed tools to her father-in-law.  We also offered helpful advice like..be careful of the door!

Tonight I finished preparing the treadmill for my first run in the morning.  I oiled it, tested it, and even tried out the fancy ipod option.


Isn't it pretty!

Check.

Next... 

I have to actually get up and get on this thing in the morning.

I am already feeling better.











2 comments:

  1. You accomplished a lot today! Way to go! Love the new plant pots and spots! And the reading nook turned out super cute! Wine night will be here again soon my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! I am impressed and you should be too! That's a lot of not-so-fun projects to complete and check off. Good for you! I hope your run is a great one tomorrow! XOXO

    ReplyDelete