Thursday, October 4, 2012

...to begin our drive

...to VA for the holiday weekend.

It has been wayyy to long since I have seen my niece and nephew.  I can't wait to squeeze and smoosh and smooch them.

I am really looking forward to spending the weekend with my brother and sister-in-law too, but the truth is they remember me AND they don't change.

The big sis and my lil' nephew will have grown way too much since I saw them last in April.  And probably will have no idea who I am.  I'll be the lady that comes to visit every now and then and has to send her FEMA representative in for the aftermath.

My children are ecstatic about this weekend!  They have never met their newest cousin.  (I think Audrey believes he is going to be her new playmate.) And William has big plans to go to Buffalo Wild Wings with his Uncle Kyle for his birthday to eat wings and watch football!

As for our drive, so far the drive has been uneventful.  We have stopped at a hotel for the night that seems to be super nice.  As long as I can keep it a secret the hotel has a pool we'll get out of here without incident.

Traffic is another story.  I forgot that construction in PA tends to take place at night.  We went through several, very long, back-ups.

Awesome.

Hopefully this isn't a preview of what is to come for the rest of our trip tomorrow.

No matter...it who's waiting for us at the end of the drive that makes it all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful that you could come and visit. I know it was a long drive. We had so much fun though.

    ReplyDelete