Wednesday, March 14, 2012

...to begin to adjust to our new normal

...as well as a full dining room table

Honeymoon's over.

Mark was back to work at 7 a.m.

As the little girls were getting out of bed this morning:
Audrey:  Where's my Daddy?
Me:  He had to go to work.
Audrey:  In Afghanistaaaan?
Me:  No, honey at his new office that we drove by yesterday remember?
Audrey:  (ignoring me) Is he coming home in a long time?  On the airplane?
Me: No.  He'll be home for dinner.
Audrey:  From Afgahnistaaaaan? 
Sigh.

I decided it would be a good idea to take Daddy lunch today.  At his new office.  That is only three miles or so from our home.

That might have been a great idea had I remembered that only my standards of how our children dress and look when they go out in public have changed.
Sheer exhaustion and complete lack of control over these heathens have forced me to surrender the last bit of influence on their appearance that I might have had.
Anyhow, it seems that Mark doesn't appreciate yellow highlighter as eyeshadow and blush nearly as much as Audrey does.

Perhaps I should just send him to work with his lunch tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I needed a laugh this morning. Totally can relate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete