Thursday, March 1, 2012

...to tidy my closet

...but I didn't go so crazy that I tackled sorting and donating my clothes

That task would have added an entire afternoon to this project!

I wish I had taken a before picture.  But all you have to do is picture several piles of random clutter stuffed in the corners around my treadmill, and five large prints that had yet to find a place in our house.  Pretty much the only reason there was any floor space at all was to keep my treadmill safe.

This project was another to-do-before-Mark-gets-home on my list and I am quite certain, he does not care how it looks.   Nevertheless, I feel a lot better having it complete.

One of my big tasks has been to try to minimize and decrease my clutter.  (Something about us being 'over-our-weight-allowance' on our move here to Drum).  And this, correlates nicely with a Lenten project (I originally got the idea from my good friend Lisa Glen, but I have since seen it on many different blogs) I feel compelled to try).

The other real catalyst for the project was since we inherited a new animal to add to our growing menagerie, I have been on the search for some type of table/stand to place her tank on.  So this morning, I made a quick stop at Goodwill to see if they had anything to suit this purpose; while they did not, I came upon this treasure instead!


I can't wait for warmer weather to refinish this all wood, perfectly-sized, and already-primed cabinet.  I snatched this up at the reasonable price of $9.99.  It's main purpose: to hold my computer while I am running so I can watch a video.  I haven't figured out what other things it will hold on its three shelves besides my running shoes and maybe some other, always-hard-to-find-at-five-thirty-in-the-morning items. 

I couldn't be happier with the results of this space.  [Except that now I have been contemplating how I can decorate the wall in front of me.  I have visions of a license plate gallery (we seem to have collected a bunch of them)...Oh The Places We Have Been.]


So happy that I almost can't wait to run tomorrow morning.  Almost...

2 comments:

  1. I'd put a mirror up in front of the treadmill. I think it's always nice to be able to watch yourself-- for form, improvement, and motivation. Good job tidying up!

    ReplyDelete