Tuesday, October 11, 2011

...to share a photo

....I meant to post last night.  It may have been more timely.

For obvious reasons, my posts have been pretty intermittent since Mark has been home.  We haven't done anything extraordinary while he has been home; instead we have kept the pace of life here very ordinary.

And it has been perfect.  The time has gone as slowly as it could.

Yesterday, Isabella and I went to pick up wings and snacks from Buffalo Wild Wings to eat during the games that we were going to watch together as a family.  We thought we were clever when we used the phrase, "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my!" to describe the festivities.

My dad informed me that the Detroit Free Press used that phrase to headline their newspaper that morning.  I looked it up...and it was an impressive cover!

Despite the Tigers loss in the eleventh inning, we enjoyed our bar food, family time, and a Lions victory over the Bears later that evening.

Sporting their new Lions' hats...you can see the Tigers game reflection in the print behind them.
On tap for this evening, Game 3.  Tigers vs. Rangers.

2 comments:

  1. saw this after i commented on facebook about time going slowly. i am glad that it IS going at the right speed. i am thinking of you and hoping that the next several days are wonderful and filled with many many happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pic...and the hats. I wish I would have got one for myself.

    ReplyDelete