Wednesday, October 26, 2011

...to celebrate the season

...of my beloved fall!

So without carving pumpkins or creative costumes?  What's left...

First, I must let you know that I am quite certain it hasn't quit raining since Mark left.  So the autumn Norman Rockwell portraits of the kids that I had planned haven't happened.

We have been to the cider mill, eaten our hot donuts and warm cider!  We have picked out gourds and even some pumpkins and today's activity was to embrace the pumpkins!

Just not carve them.

You should know I don't pull the "Daddy's not here trump card much" but I admit I have caved this time. I have embraced my new mantra that "Daddy's carve pumpkins and Mommy's decorate them". 

Soooo...we painted pumpkins 

Will is being very careful.

Audrey is concentrating!
and stuck in these delightful Mr. Potato Head creations that make it look as if I love the pumpkin holiday tradition!
Isabella did the witch all on her own.
Abbey insists on sleeping next to her creation!
That is what Halloween is about...a charade of sorts?  I actually do love activities like this; I just do not like the ones that require true talent.


Right now my foursome is fooled by my charade that I love tolerate enjoy the traditions of Halloween.  I guess that what is important, is that we are creating our own traditions.  And they had a lot of fun with it.

1 comment:

  1. The pumpkins look great. Taylor and I collectively carved one pumpkin. I guess I'm still working through my childhood halloween issues.

    ReplyDelete