Monday, October 24, 2011

...to read a few Halloween books

...over and over again.

Books...the seasonal ones are my favorite.  I have had several years to collect books over the holidays and since Isabella was small I have been faithful about putting them away and taking them out for each season.

Now that we have so many titles for ourselves, I have had fun sending new toddler titles to my niece and nephew and little Paddy each season.

We have tons of Halloween and pumpkin books but this week has found us reading:

The Boxcar Children Halloween Special.  I try, most every night to read to Isabella and William.  I think they have come to enjoy this time each evening when the three of us can hang out in Will's room together.  This is as spooky as we get around here...

A new family favorite is The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything sent by Aunt Sandy and Uncle Andy one year for Halloween (I love when the books are signed and I can remember the giver!).  Each kiddos takes a part as the story continues...
Boo Who? is one of my favorites...especially when I am working.  It is great for kids working on speech and language skills; the kids get to guess who the description is of!


And of course we have to have a few character favorites

Diego Halloween


Dora Halloween


If I wasn't on a book buying hiatus (for obvious reasons) I would buy:

Witches, Pumpkins, and Grinning Ghosts for the big kids

And for the little girls, Duck and Goose Find a Pumpkin since I love, love, love this cute series of books.  This one could even stay out through Thanksgiving!

Maybe I'll go to the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment