Thursday, October 20, 2011

...to begin a new countdown

...it is a bit hard since we aren't completely sure of the finish line

But I am going to try to make the most of the next several months and now that the house is done I am ready to start a new routine.  The first thing I need to tackle is my daily early and late routines.

And that includes getting up at 0530: 

It is a challenge because:
1) It is still dark at out at the time
2) It is very warm in my bed
3) I would feel so much better just staying asleep

Reasons I actually drag myself out of bed:
1) I need an hour and a half to myself before I have to be 'on'.
2) I try to get Timber outside before the little girls wake up.
3) I feel so much better because I already have a run and a shower before I had to start the school-day rush.

and going to bed before 11:

Turning off the lights before 11 is a different story.  So here is the problem:

It has become a true challenge to get all of the hoodlums  my darlings into bed before 9.  After I finally get them all down I sit and begin to go through my mail, read up on a few blogs, write my blog, check the news (do you see where this is going), look at Facebook, send a few emails....

I read this on Pinterest...one of my newer late-night-addictions (in addition to Words with Friends, Craigslist...)

"I don't have insomnia, I have internet".

I think I heard the "ahhhhaaaa" ding in my head when I read this.

So...

Step-one for setting myself up for success:

I am not going to bring my phone to bed any more.   

Here's to tomorrow; day 1 of the new routine...

I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. The phone? I caved. It is dark in my room (it serves as my flashlight) and cold (surely it radiates a bit of heat) and It is lonely in my bedroom at night. But I have put it away before 11 each night so that is a start!

    The up at 5:30? Good. I haven't missed a day yet. Once I am out of bed I do really enjoy this time. Running or not.

    ReplyDelete