Monday, October 17, 2011

...to have a really good cry

...but since I spent most of the day in a public venue I couldn't.  Although I spend several hours doing my best (and my children would say not-good-enough) to hold in my tears.

Days like this are nearly indescribable.

How does one put emotions like this into words?  A lady at the airport today asked me "How I do it?"

I am not so sure I do it well.  I am not so sure we do it well.

We tell the kids its okay to cry.  They are embarrassed that I do it so much...I wish I was more composed.

We make them laugh while we are waiting at the airport.

We try to make them think this is normal.  It is normal to have breakfast around a 2X2 table at an airport right?

Memories like this make me smile.



This is how we manage.

Today was our sad day.  We just hung out.  The five of us, together.  Trying to make ourselves feel better.

Tomorrow is another day.  A day to press on.

'There's Dad's bag."



1 comment: