I don't often admit that I am wrong. And don't get the idea that I might admit it now.
I'm just saying...
This project is significantly more involved than I had anticipated.
I spent the day prying off many layers of veneer, sanding, sanding, and more sanding, and scrubbing the hardware.
Then I found this mess on the inside:
I happened to decide to pull off the veneer on the inside as well...THANK GOD I DID!
Those are BUGS that dropped out. Dead bugs. Carcasses. Eggs. Ewwww.
I can't believe I almost put this piece inside my house before I tackled it.
For that matter I can't believe I didn't abandon the project at this point.
It's gonna be a treasure. I know it. I am not wrong. Yet.