Monday, April 29, 2013 share the finished product

...of the cabinet that almost wasn't savable.

If you recall I started this project a few weeks back and it was a pretty hopeless case.

I nearly called it quits when all of the dead insect carcasses dropped out as I peeled off layers

and more layers of bad veneer.

But after the sanding was complete (this was the most time-consuming part of the whole process) I slapped on a layer of wood conditioner,

two layers of stain, and one coat of polyurethane later...

and voila....

The little cabinet turned into this:

Mark is always the first to admit when he is wrong.

This little kitchen nook is now one of his favorite rooms.


  1. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!! You have outdone yourself! Looks incredible... and what a huge difference!

  2. Wow Krissy I'm more impressed now than I ever was before and I was pretty impressed with your projects then ! I really didn't give this one a chance- you proved me wrong ! Great job! Looks great!, Mark and I will both have to eat our words! Congrats!

  3. Unlike the other nay-sayers, I did believe you. It looks fantastic too! I'm envious.