Friday, April 26, 2013

...to get ready to splurge...

...and buy a new couch after all.

Who loves this couch?



We do.  We all do.  It's comfortable.  It's durable.  And It has hidden fingerprints, dog hair, pencil marks, coffee stains, sweat, tears, spilled milk, and greasy finger smudges pretty well.

It's lasted through 15 years, nine moves, three homecomings, and through the middle-of-the-night-feedings of four babies.

But it's time.

It's become lumpy and bumpy and a little bit holey.  And It had an unfortunate accident last week...It had one large glass of wine too many spilled upon her.

So the search is on.

Silly me.  I thought it would be easy.

Especially since my standards for a new couch are not that high.  Something cheap and boring is fine.  But the choices! Oh...the choices.  Microfiber, suede, leather, cloth.  Reclining or standard.  Hide-a-bed or no hide-a-bed.

I walked into the furniture a few days ago and picked out a simple, plain, inexpensive option.  I would have bought it on the spot.  But Mr-I-don't-want-a-new-couch-but-I-have-standards-if-we-do now actually does have an opinion on the process.

I suppose We'll now approach the process a little more cautiously.  We'll look around.  We'll study Consumer's Reports.

And then we'll go back and pick out the couch that I want anyway.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. Because the last time I was there Mark was adamant you guys weren't getting a new couch. Funny.

    ReplyDelete