What fun we had!
|love the view|
There is a drive-in movie theatre in Black River, NY. They play a double feature several nights each week and it is less than a ten minute drive from our home.
|Abbey finally fell asleep near the end of Ice Age.|
I am not certain the kids realize how special it was that they were able to experience this activity.
Some things I learned:
- That Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days is actually a pretty funny movie.
- That as much as I love Scrat...it is time for the Ice-Age franchise to be complete.
- At one time there were over 4000 drive-in theaters across the country and now there are less than 400.
- This was a surprisingly inexpensive family evening. Snacks AND sodas AND admission: $35.
- AND there are no germy movie seats involved! (This is a special note to my friend Beth)
- A family of six can lay rather cozily in the back of a pick-up truck together.
- It isn't all that comfy to lean against the cab of the truck for the duration of two feature-length movies.
- A sleeping little one in my arms made it all much more bearable.
|Will took this picture during intermission: Audrey never moved.|