Wednesday, August 29, 2012

...to an attend a school open house...

...for Abbey!

She is getting ready for Pre-K!

She was so excited this morning that she came down the stairs all dressed and ready to go!

She announced,  "White pants, white shirt and white undies!  (each item was said successfully louder) Because Mrs. Steele probably likes white!"

Too bad the event didn't start until 1:00 in the afternoon.

It was a simple event.  Really it was more of an opportunity for returning students to bring in their school supplies and to see the changes in the room that Mrs. Steele had made.  But Abbey LOVED it!

And took her first project very seriously:


While sitting next to her best buddy:


Her only disappointments for the day were:
  • I took her instead of Ms. Amy.
  • I stayed with her while she was in class today.
  • I didn't let her stay all day.
  • I am not letting her go to school five days a week.
Do I see a trend with respect to her frustrations?

No matter.  I don't want her to be in school five days yet.

It warms my heart to see her: get so excited about going to school, try to make a good impression on her teacher, get prepared all by herself...  

Pre-K is going to be a great year for her filled with projects, friends, music, story-time and so many other things.



3 comments:

  1. look at her gorgeous eyes. miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! It is unbelievable to think she is that old already!!! I hope you have a great time Abbey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Abbey! She is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete