Wednesday, February 8, 2012

...to play ring-around-the-rosy

...sounds sweet doesn't it?

Now that I have written those words I probably will somehow fit the game into my girls' day tomorrow.
Since the song just popped into my head...why not play this game at some point tomorrow right?
But I wrote the words because this is just how my mind thinks.  I think in circles.  This is the reason why so many projects get started and not many are finished.

Have you ever read the book If You Give a Mouse a Cookie?

That book could probably be a timeline from a-day-of-my-life, in my biography.

And yes, quoting the name of this books makes me think:
I should probably try to make the kids some cookies tomorrow.  
I start a task, move on to another, and another, until at some point in the day I am back where I started.

This brings me to one of the current quandaries I am facing:

I have been trying to plan a vacation for Mark and I.

We have a reasonable budget.  No set time limits.  And daycare arranged.  It couldn't be that difficult could it?

I have looked at resorts, cruises, a trip to Hawaii, even a trip to the Rockies.  Then I come full-circle back to the resort...or the cruise...or the...

I think that it would have been much easier if someone had said choose from these three options.  PERFECT!  I'll take that one.

But instead, I am still searching.  Calculating.  Googling.

And then, I get sidetracked.  I think:
I need to go and turn on the radio to concentrate better.  
Then I realize the kitchen needs tidying.  I have to bring something upstairs.  There are books all over the floor...

I am hopeless.

My day has finished and our vacation still isn't planned.

An no...my kitchen isn't tidy either.

1 comment:

  1. loved this post...you know i like to work like this too - wish i was there to help you :)

    ReplyDelete