Thursday, February 16, 2012

...a better day

...and it is bound to go better when the day starts like this:


Normally I would say my perfect day would start with a run, a shower, and a load of laundry before the heathens arise.

But like many nights lately, I was greeted my the pitter-patter of little steps last night.  This time though, at three separate times throughout the night I was lucky?  It must have been a momentary lapse of judgment on my part when the third child arrived to find no room...and I moved even farther over.  

It was sort of sweet to listen to them slumbering peacefully while I laid there trying to maintain my precarious balance on the edge of my mattress throughout the night.

Needless to say going on a jog at 0530 this morning didn't happen.  But I did manage to take a shower before they all woke up.

And the day was better.  Not perfect...and of course crazy since we are I am packing (us) up to go on a 10-day jaunt toward more balmy weather.  But better.

Hopefully this little break will be what we all need.

As I woke the sleeping beauties up this morning I did announce a new rule, to be strictly enforced in the Crow household from this day forward...

If you are the third or the fourth child trying to crawl into bed with me....(meaning two have already beat you to the punch)...FORGET IT.  Find a spot on the floor or head back to the comfort of your bed, or the bed of one of your siblings.

That's the new rule..and I am going to try to stick to it.

2 comments: