Tuesday, November 16, 2010

...to remember way back when

So when I met my husband he was a music buff.  He loved music.  All kinds of music.  He still loves music; all types.

I just listened to the radio.  Even now I am content to obliviously listen to repeated versions of the Itsy Bity Spider play while I am driving my swagger wagon.

Mark certainly tried to woo me with his musical interests and would send me tape after tape of mixes that he would make up for me.   And I listened to them.  I loved them.  Because he made them for me.

So this evening I was cursing him because it happened to be my turn to walk the dog.  In the pouring rain.  I am so thankful for this walk, because as I was walking my mind started to spin and I started to think about November and how it could be snowing but it was actually pouring down rain and then I was able to remember November Rain.  This song, by Guns & Roses, was released a few months before we began dating in 1992.

So with a smile on my face, and sweet memories in my mind I finished walking the dog with this picture in my mind...my very own Slash (The resemblance is striking; the real Slash plays two solos in this song) and our charmers.


I am gonna miss this guy when he leaves in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment