Tuesday, March 19, 2013

...to share what I have been reading

...and my taste's have been quite eclectic of late.

1.  I always am interested in health trends and articles.  This one caught my eye and makes some sense.  The gist is that the article talks about going back to how 'man' survived long ago via feast or famine.  There was plenty of food to eat or not enough and eating in this manner is supposed to trick your metabolism into burning fat stores.

It certainly is an article which provide food for thought (no pun intended).

Eating trends in England

2.  Of course articles about education (especially special education concerns) are always ones that grab my attention:

Standardized tests and children with special needs

3.  I always L.O.V.E. a good parenting (idea) article!

Parenting for the sports enthusiast

4.  And finally this has been one of my favorite articles of late.  I warn you it is long.  But it is ah-mazing.  It will make you really wonder how on earth we 'need' so many things.  I was so impressed by this article that I read it to Isabella and Will.  In its entirety.  Really.  I am certain it didn't make as much of an impression on them as it did me.  But my goal, was to give them a bit of perspective.  

40 years with no other human contact...a family's life in Siberia

Happy reading.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post, and I especially loved the link you sent me re: article #2. The whole time I was reading it I was cheering internally. Now if only we could find more uninterrupted reading time...

    ReplyDelete