Friday, July 20, 2012

...to google awful diseases

...contracted by refinishing old furniture

In short I started working on my project today.

I have been using probably-not-so-environmentally-friendly products for removing paint, grime, and rust.

I also sanded and sanded and sanded some more.

And now...I am miserable.

Sneezing.  Runny nose.  Heavy chest.  Stuffy nose.  Sneezing some more.

Is it:
Pneumonia from the carcinogenic product fumes?   Yikes.  Sounds terrible. 
Terminal disease because it is lead paint?  Probably not likely. 
Allergy to dust storm created by my sander?  Hope so.  
Perhaps I should wear a mask tomorrow.


3 comments:

  1. I think I have a mask you can have, it will save you a trip to the store and the doctor! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! Yes, I agree... I'd definitely wear a mask tomorrow. And I assume you're doing this outside with plenty of ventilation? I notice even when I spray paint something I have to do it in stages or I feel light-headed. Perhaps you should give yourself a day or so to recuperate! DIY is hard work! ;) I'm sure Mark is particularly pleased with you being out-of-commission for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's a few more brain cells? I'd say you have to protect what you have left...but eh. Once the IQ gets below 24, does it even matter?

    ReplyDelete