Monday, August 1, 2011

...to spend the day with Will

...we sure packed a lot in!

Our children have had a great summer.  They have traveled, played in the sun, swam, eaten lots of junk food.....

But they are sorely missing the most important guy in their life.  And despite the fact that they don't complain, I still feel the need to try to compensate for Mark being away.

That brings me to today.  I have felt as if maybe Will has been a little left out lately.  His little sisters always demand the attention and Isabella shines on her own and sometimes Will is content to stand back.  I had asked him many different times to join Isabella as horseback riding camp this week but turns out he doesn't really want to 'muck out' stalls.  Who can blame him!

So I took the opportunity to spend the time focusing on him.  I took the little girls to daycare this morning and we had fun!

First stop the gym.  More on this topic another day.  But for the first time in a very long time I worked out.  And Will got to play on his DS for an hour.  Without even reading for it!  (Our general rule is he has to read for as long as he wants to play (broken many times over this summer)).

After the gym...a snack of his choice: Roll-O McFlurry from McDonald's.

Then some time at the driving range.  Despite the incredible heat...he hit and putted balls for a long time!

Can see his serious expression?
 After golf we were off to pick up his sisters from daycare.

Next up, why cookies of course!  He made delicious Molasses cookies.  I should have taken a picture of the final product...he especially loved sifting (a step I usually love to exclude; but I knew he would enjoy it).



Our last activity for the afternoon was swimming at the gym.  We picked up Isabella and headed back for swimming in the pool.

Finally, we finished the day with some time reading together.  Even this activity is one that I am likely to dismiss after a long day (especially with the older two since they can read on their own).  This is probably one of the best times of days with the kids.  Mostly because they are trying their hardest NOT to have me leave the room and consequently they love to talk and share.  I would love to make laying with the kids at night for a few minutes a new priority.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! What an awesome mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first picture looks like an album cover from the late 1970s...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE an awesome, mom. Those kiddos are so lucky to have you and Mark. I bet Will enjoyed every minute with you.

    ReplyDelete