Saturday, August 20, 2011

...to find things to laugh about throughout my day

...I knew the day was going to be rough

when it began with Abbey vomiting several times before breakfast this morning.  She was very sweet when she asked, "Can we go to Targwit to get another baby and some coffee?" since she had just thrown up all over her favorite baby.

So as I went through my day, and now look back, there really weren't any funny things the kids said or that they did.

I will not lie.  There were MANY little things throughout the day that made me want to go and jump off the closet bridge...to put me out of my misery but the daycare incident no question wins.  I think I lost my marbles.  Not that I know what losing my marbles means.

I went to pick up Audrey from the daycare and they were not able to find her 'didi's' as we were leaving (a.k.a. lovey, blankie, item that makes her sleep at night).  We looked for those 'wammy's' (as she now will refer to them since they are little lambs) for more than thirty minutes.

I felt the sweat on my brow after five minutes.  These daycare rooms are not very big.
At the ten minutes mark I was really worried.
By fifteen minutes I was sweating and running around the playground looking in, under, and around any object that was not attached to the ground.
After twenty minutes of searching I was sorting through the laundry machines at the center.
At the twenty-five minute mark when all-hope was lost...I was crumbling.  The thought of breaking her of the blankie habit, on top of dealing with everything else this weekend was more than I could handle.  The tears started flowing.  Those ladies at the daycare were so sweet through the whole ordeal.  Those women were emptying clear, see-through containers simply to humor me in an attempt to find these damn blankets.

I tried to compose myself.  I took a deep breath.  I tried to think about what she likes to do with them at home....and voila, after more than thirty minutes...I found them in a small backpack in the dress-up area.

I think about this and realize I must have looked ridiculous.  Thankfully I was not angry or rude.  I knew from the start it wasn't anyone's fault.

I just needed these two little items that bring me so much peace every evening.

I just wish I was one of those people that could respond to all of the situations I have dealt with this week, with grace.  Can I buy 'grace' somewhere?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read this one! I want to give you a big hug.

    ReplyDelete