Wednesday, August 17, 2011

...to have a 'break' day

...before the craziness sets in.

There are so many things to do when it is moving time.  There are the obvious things like: get medical/school records and contact the post office for an address change (this can be done on-line).

There are the dreaded things:  dealing with the movers, getting rid of the frozen foods, figuring out exactly what to do with that 1/2 empty gallon of paint.

There are the mundane things:  making phone calls, canceling the gym membership, calling the internet company, making hotel reservations

And...

There are the fun things; the things that maybe weren't done often enough or possibly even at all.  That was what our day was like today.

I love running down by the river.  There is a perfect 2-3 mile loop that I like to run and we started our day with a family run (big kids bikes, little girls stroller).  And even better yet it was complaint free!  You see, every morning I list the kids chores for the day for them...and this was their chore.  Yup, it read, "Take a family bike ride/run down to the river without complaining".  I love it when I am clever like this!

We had a picnic at the creek behind our home (a treat in our backyard that we haven't taken nearly enough advantage of).  I'll post the pictures another day.  But it was lots of fun.  Meghan and Beth (old friends...our time here together was too short) joined me for P&J sandwiches, watermelon, and Isabella's fresh baked brownies.

Meghan helped with a 'moving task' that we fit in at nap time.  Well maybe we should call it 'time the three young ones spent upstairs without us supervising them'.  Let's just say despite several attempts on our part to make them rest, we were completely unsuccessful.  

Then my day was contentedly complete with family night at McDonald's with the Glen's...something that has nearly become a weekly tradition.

I needed today to give me the strength (or I chuckle as I remember what my grandpa would say, "intestinal fortitude") for what is to come...

It is  good to have good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment