Monday, August 22, 2011

...to find the worst in things

...cause let's face it. There are days when we just want to have a bad day and be grumpy.

I am sad about moving.

I don't want them to pack up the beautiful home that I have worked so hard to make our own.

I don't want to let down the families I worked for.

And mostly I don't want to leave the comfort and familiarity of my friends.

So today I wanted to be grouchy.

And my day started out 'perfect'. Abbey joined me at 5:50 while I was running on my treadmill. I HATE it when the kids wake up when I am running.

Then she pointed out timber had thrown up. Not once. But twice. Interupted again. Even more perfect. The day was going exactly how I wanted.

But...the day started to shape up. In a way where I couldn't be so bitter.

I had so much help today...it is heartwarming.

So many people have called to offer...stopped to check in on me...just-in-case I might need the help but wasn't asking.

My sweet brother-in-law took time off to drive all the way from Boston to help.

My friend Karen kept us fed...all day (and did many other things).

Lisa and Elizabeth kept the girls.

Meghan kept me on task and kept working at one task after another. AND brought donuts!

Even the errands I needed to complete were seamless. All of which involved government employees! Even more impressive!

So as I look back on the day...the day I really wanted to feel sorry for myself and be grouchy, I realize that instead I am just fortunate.

Overwhelmed maybe. Sad for sure. But certainly fortunate.

I should have known the day wasn't really going to be miserable when I was able to capture this:



Abbey fell asleep next to me while I was running on my treadmill.
How sweet.  How can I be grouchy about this?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: