Friday, October 29, 2010

...to turn the kiddos over to my husband

so I could take the night off and take tour of WP and the cemetery.

Let me be clear...I love my children.  And I certainly love my husband.  But having just had the week on my own, I was ready to take the night off.

No particular bad behaviors are remembered.  There were no trips to the ER.  There weren't even any middle-of-the-night stomach bugs to report.  I only changed one set of wet sheets, got up to three different nightmares, and intervened in a handful of disputes. 

Nonetheless, this week seemed particularly eventful with two trips to the city, a visit from my mom, and several after-school activities.

This is the part though where I can't say no.  The kids had a Halloween fest to attend.  Mark was surviving on adrenaline (given he had been awake since about 3:30 am our time en-route back here to the states from Egypt).  And I couldn't, in good faith, make him take the kiddos alone.  So, I chose the Halloween festival.

In the end, I missed the tour.  But I did enjoy watching: Isabella win the cake walk, Audrey in her daddy's arms, Will play all of the games he could, and Abbey dance around.  Family time is great too.

1 comment: