Saturday, October 9, 2010

...to have a peacefull evening after a day of work

Let me start by saying I LOVE and ADORE my children.  I would do anything for them.  But I tend to really dislike evenings after I have worked becuase they are so stressful.  The scene typically involves my little girls crying at my legs, my big kids scrambling to do their chores, and me rushing to get dinner on the table. 


My intent had been to have dinner ready when I came home (to avoid the crying at my legs) and there was no reason to have my big kids scramble because the chores could wait.  After all it was the beginning of the weekend!

So I prepared.  I had the house picked up before I left for work.  Everything for dinner was ready (mostly because I was also making dinner for my neighbor and I didn't want her meal to be late).  I even snuck home in the middle of my day for the final touches.

Kids can make one scrap any plans...especially when the word 'peace' is used (unless of course they are sleeping). 

No comments:

Post a Comment