Thursday, October 7, 2010

....to tidy my first floor

And it is a task that I did not accomplish.

You see there are many, many rooms in the enormous house that we have.

We are lucky enough to live in a beautiful, 100-year-old historic home with a 'seasonal-view' of the Hudson River here at West Point.

While I love this home of ours...keeping it tidy, with four small children, is a task that eludes me.

The first floor of our home includes: Living Room, Study, Dining Room, Kitchen, and Kitchen nook.

One would think it should not too troublesome to tidy up.  But ahhh...it is my nemesis!

Since I tend to cook like the Swedish Chef (think The Muppets), my kitchen can take as long to clean as it might for me to cook a meal.  The office in the catch-all for all of the paperwork that no one knows what to do with.  And finally, the living room is where the kids play. 

I won't get into the laudry list of "to-do's" that I completed today.  And there were many of them...but the bottom line is today I wanted to tidy my first floor AND I didn't.  Instead, I sit here, procrastinate, and blog a bit.

1 comment: