Thursday, October 21, 2010

...to attend The Blaze

What a great family evening!

I heard about this event called The Blaze the first year we moved to West Point.  And for two years in a row I didn't order tickets early enough before they sold out.  The event has tickets every half hour from 630 to 930 and I believe they sell about 750 tickets for each slot.  Crazy so many people attend this!

What a fun event to go to at least once!  The pumpkin carvings are amazing!  I read there are over 4000 hand carved pumpkins...the designs on many of them are so intricate and many are very clever.  These pumpkins are all carved by local artists and they spend two days in the middle of each week, recarving, the pumpkins to get ready for the next weekend.

Unfortunately, the photos I took were a little too blurry because the shutter speed was so slow.  However, I found this person took many photos that were much better than mine.

The weather was perfect.  And it certainly is always enjoyable to take a stroll on a brisk fall evening under a full moon.  Hanging out with my two big kids and husband made it even more perfect.

I LOVE FALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment